We are delighted to announce that Woods of Hollingbourne will be taking over the village shop. Christopher Rudgard, who has been the popular proprietor for the shop for the last 15 years or so, will be retiring at the end of September. We wish Christopher a long and happy retirement and thank him for entrusting the shop to us.
We understand how important the shop is to village life. We too live in the village and want to create a place we can all be proud of and hopefully use regularly! Our plans are still developing and will evolve over time, but we are excited to be able to share some initial details with you.
The shop is closed from end of September to end of October. We will announce an opening date as soon as we can and apologise in advance for any inconvenience this causes.
Amongst other things, we will be stocking:
- Fresh, locally sourced and seasonal fruit and vegetables, dairy products and cheeses and quality meats from our award-winning local supplier, including some amazing sausages!
- Organic, free-range eggs from our very own hens!
- Amazing bread that will be delivered FRESH each day, from our master baker.
- A bigger range of newspapers and magazines
- Delicious sauces, Jams and condiments from Hollingbourne’s very own Sugar and Spice
- General convenience items
We will therefore be offering a deli bar serving a selection of hot breakfast and lunch items showcasing some of the amazing food we have available to buy in store.
Breakfast will be served to take away from 8am – 11am
Lunch from 12pm -2pm Monday – Saturday
We will also be serving the finest coffee alongside amazing smoothies made from our own, fresh fruit and vegetables and are also in the process of obtaining an alcohol licence so we can sell some great wines, craft beers and ciders as well as locally produced spirits.
Finally, many people have already asked whether we will accept cards. The answer is yes and we also hope to be able to provide cash back.
We look forward to meeting you all and serving you soon!
If there is anything you would like us stock in particular, or if you have any thoughts or ideas, we’d love to hear from you.